Join us July 9th in our Voter for Justice digital day of action!
As our country faces health, social, and economic inequality issues, we are taking action TODAY, July 9th to support our community by joining the United Way’s civic engagement campaign United We Count, United We Vote. This digital initiative is a call to action to encourage members of our community to register to vote and to use this tool to fight for racial justice and build political power in our communities.
Elections, particularly at the local level, have a huge impact on racial justice and police reform policies, including police officer training, use of force policies, police accountability, and oversight measures, funding for community services, and criminal justice issues.
We invite you to take action with us!
On July 9, here are three important ways you can take action:
- Join us for a Twitter Storm on Thursday, July 9 at 2pm ET encouraging people to exercise their power and register to vote. Use hashtags #VoteforJustice and #VoteUnited. Click here to send a tweet!
- Take action and register to vote. Already registered? Remember that YOU are the best person to influence the people closest to you. Send a text to your friends and family to remind them to vote.
- Pledge to vote. Join us by pledging to do your part and participate in our democracy. It takes 2 minutes to take the United We Count, United We Vote pledge!
- Connecticut’s Primary election will take place in August 11th 2020. Click here to see more Voter Registration Deadlines In General.
- Presidential election will take place in November 3rd, 2020
Help us build a healthier, more equitable democracy and fight for system-level change in our community.