We support our partner agencies that receive funding through our grant making process so they can continue providing comprehensive and coordinated services to reach those who need our support.
- Beat the Street Community Center
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater New Haven (Formerly Ulbrich Boys & Girls Club)
- Boys and Girls Club of Meriden
- Catholic Charities
- Child Guidance Clinic for Central Connecticut
- Girls Incorporated of Meriden
- Kuhn Employment Opportunities
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven
- Master’s Manna
- Meriden Wallingford Chrysalis
- Meriden YMCA
- New Opportunities of Greater Meriden
- Senior Transportation Services Inc.
- Salvation Army – Meriden
- Spanish Community of Wallingford
- Wallingford Family YMCA
- Women and Families Center
We support our community partners through in-kind support and volunteering to create an even greater impact across our communities.
- Community Health Center of Meriden
- Good News Christian Church Food Pantry
- Meriden Soup Kitchen
- Rushford Center Inc.
- Shelter NOW
- Wallingford Church of The Nazarene GLOW Food Pantry
Meriden-Wallingford Community Foundation
The Foundation gives individuals and organizations the opportunity to support the United Way and local agencies through major, restricted, endowed, or planned gifts. These gift opportunities include bequests, trusts, pooled income funds, retirement assets, corporate gifts and/or stocks. Contact 203-235-4403 x1003 to learn more or visit their website here.
EFSP Emergency Food and Shelter Program
United Way of Meriden & Wallingford coordinates the federal Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) locally and directed $52,663 to local agencies. This funding plays an important role in meeting the most basic and emergency needs for food and shelter for individuals and families. Last year hundreds of people were helped, and a number of them were able to improve their lives as a result of the timely support they received. Emergency Food and Shelter Program recipient agencies are: